PDF (City of Raleigh internal document, secured through a Public Records request) —
. . .
Lorimer Road (2014-0012) Summary:
CITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION for LORIMER ROAD (DC 2014_0012):
Construct a 27’ back-to-back street section with a 5’ wide sidewalk and 6’ setback on the west side and a 3.5’ shoulder on the east side including curb, gutter, drains, and paving for an approximate distance of 2940 lf (from: Kaplan Drive…to: Garland Drive)…APPROVED SEPTEMBER 1, 2015.
- Approved by Council on September 1, 2015
- Assessments shall apply at the rate of $32/lf.
- Properties abutting the street to be improved shall be connected with water mains, sewer mains, and gas mains (if gas mains available).
- The petition was passed with 70% resident approval.
- Note: survey letter sent out called for 6’ sidewalk…Council approved 5’ sidewalk
CITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION for WOODLINKS DRIVE (DC 2015_0022):
Construct a sidewalk on the east side to match existing sidewalk (approximate length = 217 lf) on Woodlinks Drive and tie into new sidewalk that will be constructed on Lorimer Road.
- Approved by Council on November 3, 2015
- Estimated cost of construction = $21,700
- Note: existing sidewalk ends in middle of power line easement and has a setback of 4.5’…Jimmy said this was okay because the petition approved by Council says to “match existing”
- Note: this project will be included in the contract for Lorimer Road project but there will be no distinction between the two projects in the contract…only that there are two separate petitions