“Safe & Active Routes to School in Wake County”

Screen shot 2016-05-21 at 10.55.19 PM.png

Page 13 –
Sidewalk/New Path
Assessment Specialists Jimmy Upchurch and Donetta Powell, 919-996-3030,
Residential streets: Sidewalks are constructed on residential streets with curb and gutter
when petitioned by the property owners along the street. Anybody can request that a
sidewalk be petitioned. Contact the Assessment Specialists to make a request for a sidewalk petition. Upon a request, letters are sent to property owners and if 50%+1 properties return the letter voting in the affirmative, the sidewalk will be designed at built at no cost to the property owners. Residential streets that do not have curbs and gutters must first petition and be assessed for a street improvement project.
For more information, go to http://www.raleighnc.gov/services/content/
.  .  .  .  .  .